Green Dragon Friday
Date: Every Friday
Time: 7:30PM UK time (usually 2:30PM servertime)
Location: Green Dragon Inn, Bywater, Laurelin server
Weekly hobbit gathering at the Green Dragon inn in Bywater, running ever since May 18 2008. This is an event for and by hobbits, although a few visiting traveling dwarves are always welcome. It is also a 100% in-character event, so don’t go talking about things not belonging in Middle Earth!
Come along for songs, dances, poetry, tales, riddles, news and much grand roleplaying! And do offer yer own entertainment, if yer like!
At other times over the year, GDF will move to other inns in the Shire. The new years party is usually held at the Plough and Stars in Brockenborings, while we always escape Bywater when the mayor hosts the Farmer’s faire in the late summer.
Green Dragon Friday is an in-character roleplaying event aiming to replicate a lively hobbit night at the inn. We try to enable a healthy lively hobbit roleplayer community here on Laurelin. To help us do this, please follow these guidelines:
- While travelling dwarves are welcome at the inn, we ask that elves and menfolk do not attend the event. Men and elves were rarely (if ever) seen in the Shire villages, and especially not the inns. However, if yer have quests to do at the inn, by all means come inside to finish them
- Be in-character – be a hobbit! Keep player interactions (chats, emotes) and entertainment in-character, basically by talking about the things that hobbits in Middle-Earth would. Don’t discuss real-life modern-day things, game mechanics, etc.
- Avoid using forced emotes, setting off fireworks inside, bringing pets that wouldn’t belong in an inn, throwing 3000 snowballs, etc.
- Be active and engage with the others. It is better to participate than to just stand around waiting for others to entertain you (however, feel free to come observe things the first few times).
- Avoid multi-boxing with lots of alts. Yes, we know that you love to pull off that fat sound of a many-musician band. However, when the room is full of similarly-clad robots marching in line (if they move at all), who don’t respond when you talk to them, things get rather creepy and the immersion we look for is often ruined.
- Entertainers are very welcome! Just sign up with the hobbit hosting the event, preferably by a /tell. Note that we absolutely love solo bards/performers – a lone lute-player is often better suited for the inn setting than a huge band. Also note that we absolutely love other kinds of entertainment than music: Poems, stories, riddles, the latest news from the Shire… lovely! If you want to play music, it is grand if yer aim for a folksy hobbity vibe, with reels, jigs, waltzes, hornpipes and the likes.
- Gossip and news is very welcome! This helps bring life to the event and the roleplaying in the Shire. Just remember to keep things in-character. Related to events: We generally don’t advertise events held on other servers, events not of hobbit interest, events not held in the Shire or events not of a roleplaying character.
Additionally, we ask that participants follow the roleplaying rules and policy for Laurelin, with regard to player names, chat behaviour and harassment.
Lastly, while the above may sound like a long list of rules, don’t worry too much! Them hobbits are a friendly and tolerant lot, eager to welcome new visitors to the inn. See yer there!
Questions about the event?