Hobbit Yule video, 2nd meetup
Pie, actually, is all around
Yule is getting nearer, and what better thing to do than to make a large drawing to greet yer friends a very merry yuletide? Not much! So here we go!
Date: Tuesday December 12
Time: 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime)
Location: Ivy Bush Inn, Hobbiton, The Shire
This is the second meetup for this year’s large Yule drawing. See below for details!
What will happen this year? Will there be ballets with purple snow beasts or surprise parties for old lonely hobbits? Will Shire animals fight in the fields, or will them youngsters sigh over a lack of snow in the Shire? Take part to find out!
Once again, I’d like to make a yule video with as many hobbit players on Laurelin as possible. The video will be released December 24th, in the Hobbity Yule Calendar.
This second shoot will be slightly lazier than the first. Remember:
- Be on time!
- Dress up for a festive Yule concert. Bring instruments you can equip.
- DISABLE ALL SPEED BUFFS! Hunters, I am especially looking at you and the “Find the path” skill, please disable it.
- Bring festival trick consumables, like D.R.A.G.O.N, spider legs, snowballs, doom-shrooms or similar.
- Be prepared to follow orders. Disable all pets.
- Try to avoid speaking in /say, use the raid (/ra) or the custom chat channel announced on the night instead
In addition to the video shoots, I’d also love it if all hobbits sent me an individual screenshot of themselves in-game, in a festive/merry/yule motive. I can use those in the end credits of the video.
Formatting of the screenshots:
- The higher resolution, the better.
- Use widescreen format (16×9 or similar), don’t cut out just a small picture of yourself.
- Don’t add any effects or text to the images. Turn off UI elements, NPC names, etc.
- Make sure the screenshots aren’t too dark.
- Send the screenshots to me before end of December 20th, at the very latest! Use this email:
For inspiration, here is the yule video from last year:
Pie Hard: The 2022 Hobbit Yule Video